How did your production skills develop throughout the process?
Throughout the process of creating this film, my production skills have immensely developed in a variety of ways. For one, I was mainly the person working the camera because I had the idea for all of the over-the-shoulder shots from behind the stalker to create suspense amongst the audience. In the beginning, I filmed the opening scenes of our film with the camera upright and vertical, so I had to re-shoot those shots in order to film sideways or horizontal and be able to edit later. Acting was a challenge for me because I don't like the camera following my every move or having to fake emotion, but after a few re-takes my group and I got the hang of pretending to have a certain emotion and portraying it on film. For my film, production design was simple for the most part because when we came up the idea for our film, we knew right away where we wanted to shoot it and how to shoot it. However, the difficult part was getting the actors to reveal emotions on their face and through their tone, but we managed to get both of those done with some practice and re-shooting. My group and I are diligent workers, but we all also play sports inside and outside of school, so we are all very busy every night of the school week and every weekend, so finding a time to film was a challenge. We ended up shooting most of our film on a weekday night because we wanted it to be dark out when we got to Lily's house. The rest of the film was shot on a weekend during the day, close to the sun setting, so that it would be light enough to make the storyline appear real, but also dark enough so that it looks like we went straight from the mall to Lily's house in one day. When we first started the process I was concerned about having to film and act because I have never done either of those on a scale like this for a grade, but I learned to hold the camera still for some shots and to move it around as if it were in fast pace for some scenes. I also learned how to speak loud enough so that the camera could hear me and how to fake emotion on my face as if it were real. Overall, my production skills drastically developed throughout this process from handling the camera to acting and scheduling a time to film.
Throughout the process of creating this film, my production skills have immensely developed in a variety of ways. For one, I was mainly the person working the camera because I had the idea for all of the over-the-shoulder shots from behind the stalker to create suspense amongst the audience. In the beginning, I filmed the opening scenes of our film with the camera upright and vertical, so I had to re-shoot those shots in order to film sideways or horizontal and be able to edit later. Acting was a challenge for me because I don't like the camera following my every move or having to fake emotion, but after a few re-takes my group and I got the hang of pretending to have a certain emotion and portraying it on film. For my film, production design was simple for the most part because when we came up the idea for our film, we knew right away where we wanted to shoot it and how to shoot it. However, the difficult part was getting the actors to reveal emotions on their face and through their tone, but we managed to get both of those done with some practice and re-shooting. My group and I are diligent workers, but we all also play sports inside and outside of school, so we are all very busy every night of the school week and every weekend, so finding a time to film was a challenge. We ended up shooting most of our film on a weekday night because we wanted it to be dark out when we got to Lily's house. The rest of the film was shot on a weekend during the day, close to the sun setting, so that it would be light enough to make the storyline appear real, but also dark enough so that it looks like we went straight from the mall to Lily's house in one day. When we first started the process I was concerned about having to film and act because I have never done either of those on a scale like this for a grade, but I learned to hold the camera still for some shots and to move it around as if it were in fast pace for some scenes. I also learned how to speak loud enough so that the camera could hear me and how to fake emotion on my face as if it were real. Overall, my production skills drastically developed throughout this process from handling the camera to acting and scheduling a time to film.
Comments
Post a Comment