The magazine project interests me because I am very fascinated with the art of photography. I took creative photography my freshman year and absolutely loved it. To get the perfect shot, I would set up props and travel all around town until I was satisfied with my work. I would then edit the photos in Photoshop and add effects to them. Writing is also my best subject and I am very good at it, so that would be an advantage to me for the magazine project. Another skill I have that would make the magazine project a good fit for me would be my ability to formulate questions. I am taking AICE Global Perspectives this year which has helped me tremendously with writing formal papers and asking questions that are relevant to the topic and broad in meaning. The ability to ask questions is a huge skill to have because it will help me in my interviews with people for the magazine. From the film "All President's Men," I learned the process of writing a story for a magazine such as researching, getting multiple credible and reliable sources, getting approval from your editor in charge to write the story, then finally writing the story and having it peer reviewed. This project might be a challenge for me because I am not a creative person at all; I am a strictly facts person, so designing the magazine could be a challenge.
For our quarter three submission we revised some parts of our film. We re-shot the beginning of our film to slow down the pace of the film. We also added new fonts and coloring in the beginning of our film for our names and opening title, to have special effects and make it more personal. Our original titles were red and had no effect, so this time we added a pop-in special effect for "Girl's Night" title to create a theme for the film. Additionally, we added incidental music at the end of our film to create suspense and mystery. All these revisions were made to add a sense of reality and more suspense throughout our film. Throughout this new submission I learned how to edit sound and put it in the film, how to add special effects to titles, and how to work with PremierePro at a higher level.
Comments
Post a Comment